The IIBA Café is a forum for business analysts to meet with other like-minded individuals, pose questions, have discussions and exchange ideas. The intent of this group is to supplement but not to replace our monthly Chapter meeting.
Meet-up topics can vary -- elicitation, facilitation, requirements, managing stakeholders, underlying BA competencies, our role within different project methodologies, BA trends and tools. The meet-up size, venue and frequency can vary depending on the demand and on occasion, we might meet-up virtually.
Whether you're a BA, SA, BSA or someone interested in attending because the 15-30 minutes before an IIBA chapter meeting doesn't give you enough time to discuss and explore a BA topic in great depth, then this is your opportunity to meet-up!
Who we are: IIBA Dallas is a local non-profit organization dedicated to serving the Dallas area BA community. We're part of the larger IIBA community that is comprised of chapters and members located in hundreds of cities across the globe. Please join us at our monthly meeting held on the 3rd Thursday of every month and at Chapter events.
To learn more about what's on our schedule, check out our website and/or join our LinkedIn group.
The IIBA Cafe is a casual forum. If you ask, IIBA Dallas might suggest but will not set up a meeting location for you. This is a meet-up and not a meeting. Facilitators aren't necessary because no one person owns the meeting. It's intent is to allow BAs to meet and dialog.
If you do schedule a meet-up, we ask --
1. Please recognize and follow our rules of engagement -- • Courtesy, respect & cooperation. • No bullying, belligerence or running over whoever is speaking.
2. Inform chapter leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org about a proposed meet-up so we can add it to our calender.
3. If you're holding a structured meeting/evening event, it should not be held within 2 weeks of an IIBA chapter meeting.
4. We are a nonprofit organization. DO NOT use the IIBA Cafe as a venue for promoting your business.
5. Check our Chapter calendar and make sure your meet-up topic doesn't conflict or compete with an upcoming Chapter meeting topic.
6. Meet-ups may or may not have a topic but if you do meet-up, recognize that we are a professional organization. Meet-up sessions should stick to BA related topics.
7. You don't have to be a member of IIBA to attend but cafe hosts should be active members.
Now that we've gotten all that out of the way, let's meet-up!