Thank you for your interest in our pickup soccer group! We have grown rapidly since March 2012, as we continue to hold regular pickup games/practices each week. Note that we actually use this group for two purposes: 1) pick-up games and practices (of course), and 2) as a way to recruit new players for our local soccer club, which plays in several adult rec leagues in the area. This Meetup group is tailored towards experienced soccer players who want to play at a more competitive level than a typical "pick up soccer" group, with experienced players who show up on a routine basis. If you are a beginner and/or looking for a "come one, come all" kind of group, where people show up on a very inconsistent basis and the group is not very organized, this is probably not the right group for you. We are all about QUALITY, not quantity.
***PLEASE READ AND HEED the following information/rules/guidelines***
- These are NOT sanctioned events nor is there any type of medical coverage involved. In simple terms, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Safety is and always will be our number one priority...so keep it safe out there! Anyone who plays too aggressively and/or causes disruptions will be removed from the group. Play safe!
- Take the time to RSVP (here in the Meetup group) at least 3 hours in advance when you plan to attend. Of course life gets in the way sometimes, but it is nice to know how many folks will attend so we can plan accordingly. Be courteous!
- Positive attitudes and a team player mentality are required at all times. If you are that guy or girl who whines and complains, or thinks that you can lazily camp out in front of the opposing goal, hog the ball, try and dribble through several defenders rather than pass to a wide open teammate, etc., I assure you, this is NOT the right group for you. Teamwork and a team player mentality are required!
- Bring a white shirt and a dark shirt to each event so that we can balance teams accordingly. If you fail to bring both shirts, don't be upset when you don't get to play. Balancing teams is hard enough without all of the "oops, I forgot" nonsense. Be responsible!
- BE ON TIME. If the meetup starts at 6 PM, be ready to start playing at 6 PM. Showing up late is disruptive, and doing so on a routine basis is downright disrespectful. Don't be that guy or girl. Be reliable!
- Understand that this group is built around players whoshow up consistently and want to build chemistry with other reliable, team players. In simple terms, we prefer a 4v4 or 5v5 game between experienced players with good chemistry, over a 9v9 or 10v10 game between random players with little to no chemistry.
- Folks who are inactive for a month or more will be removed from the group...nothing personal, just keeping the group fit and trim.
- If you do not like the way that this group is managed, by all means, feel free to start your own group or join a different group. Best of luck to ya.
- Contributions (for the Meetup fees) are expected, $5 every 3 months is a good bet. Where else can you play soccer several times a week for $20 a year?