align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › God is an Asshole!

God is an Asshole!

Lesa
Lesa
McKinney, TX
Post #: 144
You could reduce his gifts to religious book markers and nothing else - you know, since nothing else matters. Something with a quote on it about having too much piety. Mathew 6 has some good stuff in it. Some of it might look good on your own tee shirt.

Matthew 6:1 would have been perfect! Too bad I didn't have it memorized.

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

I was thinking of something Christmasy, like:

T-shirt Front: "Who had God for a father and a virgin for a mother; had their birth announced by a star; was born on the solstice around December 25th; had a tyrant try to kill them in their infancy; was worshiped by "wise men"; fasted for forty days; met a violent death and rose from the dead?"

on the Back: "Osiris, Hercules, Mithra, Hermes, Prometheus, Perseus and Jesus, of course!"

Or perhaps something like this (credit to Richard Dawkins):

"My Brother-in-Law believes the Inventor of the laws of physics and Programmer of the DNA code decided to enter the uterus of a Jewish virgin, got himself born, then deliberately had himself tortured and executed because he couldn’t think of a better way to forgive the theft of an apple, committed at the instigation of a talking snake. As Creator of the majestically expanding universe, he not only understands relativistic gravity and quantum mechanics but actually designed them. Yet what he really cares about is “sin,” abortion, how often you go to church, and whether gay people should marry."