add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Good without God campaign

Good without God campaign

A former member
Post #: 24
Are we really surprised at the response to these ads from the Gawd fearing! Come on we knew they would "damn us to hell" for voicing our belief. It amazes me how many of my Xtian friends support the fact that my son is in Afganistan fighting for our freedom but when someone that has a different belief from them practices that freedom my son is fighting for they want us to burn in hell for not being Xtains.
They really need to think and live what they preach-What would Jesus do.

Didn't Jesus hang out with all kinds of different people and love them unconditionally?
A former member
Post #: 15
Christina, I think you may have missed something. The story of G-bus is a myth. He only allegedly hung out with all kinds and shared the love if you interpret it that way. He had no love for the Romans, no love for the 'money changers' and no love for several groups of people. If you believe the part where G-bus was also Yaweh, then you can say he didn't much care for pretty much everyone but his chosen few. At one point he declared all men evil and drowned them all but one family. In fact, sky daddy has NEVER loved unconditionally.

The bigotry of the Abrahamic faiths is taught to them from their holy texts. What it doesn't teach them on how to be acceptably xenophobic is taught to them by biology and their clerics. I laugh when someone says I'll burn in hell, give them a wink, and say "I'll see you there"

If they could think and live what they preach, well, they'd be atheists!

In the end, even the most harmless of believers is still a bigoted, xenophobic, hate-monger. They won't be able to see that while they are hate-filled, but it is the truth. On some blog comments I'm sometimes asked if I believe in what I'm saying to the full logical conclusion of it. I do, and I can accept that it's not always pretty or clean. Believers cannot accept the logical conclusions of what they believe.

Try it once, ask a believer if they have a family member who is atheist. If so, why aren't they working night and day to get that family member to believe as they do? Why would they risk that family member being tortured forever? Why would their deity setup the universe so that they could do nothing to save their loved ones? Why do they believe in such a deity that condemns their kin without recourse? Then ask them why your son should fight for THEIR freedom? What did they do to deserve his life?