The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Don't know whether you are aware of this

Don't know whether you are aware of this

A former member
Post #: 1
user 6532302
Mesquite, TX
Post #: 63
I saw a segment the other night on local Fox News. It was their annual fodder for the "War on Christmas" segments. According to the story, it seems that the local fundies are hopping mad and "insulted" that atheist would dare advertise so near Christmas, forgetting that they get the entire year. So they have scraped together money to hire one of those mobile advertisements, a flat bed truck with a programmable screen, to follow around the "atheist" bus or some such with a pro-Christ message.

I am pretty sure people in Ft. Worth, Texas, USA, around Christmas have heard about Jesus before and that we atheists do not have a monopoly on advertising. If they haven't been completely brainwashed by now, I doubt a truck with a bible quote is going to do the trick now. Besides, I thought Christmas was about Santa, consumerism, and conspicuous consumption?

The comments on your linked story are priceless, L Charles Burch seems to substitute the age old scapegoat, Jews, for "militant atheists" as the force behind all that is wrong in the world and who staffs the Secret Illuminati World Government/UN/NWO/banking industry trying to destroy decent Christian society. The Season for Reason...indeed.