addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Tom Flynn to Speak in Metroplex

Tom Flynn to Speak in Metroplex

Terry M.
TerryMc
Group Organizer
Grapevine, TX
This is a notice to mark your calendars for a terrific opportunity to hear Tom Flynn speak in our neighborhood. Tom Flynn is Executive Director of The Council for Secular Humanism, Editor of ­Free Inquiry magazine, Director of ­Inquiry Media Productions, and Director of the Robert Green Ingersoll Birthplace Museum.  You can get more of his bio here: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/speakers/flynn_tom/­ Dick Trice, Chair of the Humanists of Fort Worth has arranged for him to speak at the sanctuary of the Westside UU church in Fort Worth on Friday, April 15th.  I'm not sure exactly what time yet but the subject will be "The Trouble with Easter".  This should be very interesting as Mr. Flynn wrote a book on a related subject ­The Trouble With Christmas .  He has also written two anti-religious black comedy science fiction novels, ­Nothing Sacred, its prequel ­Galactic Rapture and has edited the ­New Encyclopedia of Unbelief.  He is obviously a man worth listening to.  I'd like to fill the sanctuary (capacity 150 to 170) to show him that, even in the bible belt, there are enough of us non-believers to warm the heart of any Humanist. See you there, Terry
Stephen B. F.
user 13563402
Arlington, TX
Post #: 1
I'm interested on going. Is anyone up for carpooling? Steve Fleming (214) 364-7871 I'm easier to reach by phone.