A former member
Post #: 4

A former member
Post #: 5
Just in case you can't read the small print, this is what it says:

1 Peter 5:8 Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
A former member
Post #: 36
God and guns, because nothing says I love you like a loaded 9mm handgun.
Praise the lord and pass the ammo, I think I see another commie fagot abortion doctor.

Such characterizations are not unearned.

On the other hand, not believing in sky daddies is motivation for nothing, just as not owning a frisbee is not motivation for anything.

They want to make it one nation UNDER god, because it makes no sense to say he has us ON TOP OF his thumb.

If a god exists, what laughs he must have. These believers don't even know his name, nor do they know if he is actually the entity they refer to as satan.
A former member
Post #: 124
Funny - cause Christians think Muslims are scary people with guns.

hmmmmmmm.

The funny part is they cannot (or refuse to) see the hypocrisy.
A former member
Post #: 37
Well, lately, the news has been showing Muslims as not so scary people with rocks ... The scary people with guns work for the governments.
Cooper
user 6532302
Mesquite, TX
Post #: 69
Just in case you can't read the small print, this is what it says:

1 Peter 5:8 Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Just goes to show that the Bible is a ventriloquist dummy...you can make it say whatever you want.

I own firearms and participate in various firearms owners' forums. The level of discourse is not much better. They often want to decry Islam as a violent religion by citing various out of context quotations from the Koran, the actions of some Muslims, or statements by some Imam or other that apparently no one has heard of but is extreme in his viewpoints towards the west. I do not challenge their assumption - that Islam condones and encourages violence but simply use the methodology they used to arrive at that conclusion against them.

They somehow do not like it when I do this to their religion. What really steams them is when I simply ask what is the body count of "Christian" nations in the last few centuries vs. Muslim ones? Then they want to engage in special pleading and say that the violence from and in Christian nations is not religiously motivated but secular. That then begs the question of why does Christianity allow its commandments against violence, if they exist, to be set aside or be superseded by secular justification for violence. They really don't like that nor the idea that current Islamic terrorism or violence is really a response to something not religious, US foreign policy, but religion is simply used as a motivator or recruitment tool.

A former member
Post #: 179
Radical Muslims are scary, but Christ-fearing Christians with nuclear weapons are blessed by God. We are the only country in the history of the world to nuke innocent civilians. But we're the good guys, see?