The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › What are the best sub-areas to divide Dallas into for mapping and dining (an

What are the best sub-areas to divide Dallas into for mapping and dining (and Poll free-form response thread)

Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 46
I am soon to be publishing a group poll on where around town you would be most likely to join for Tuesday night dinners and I'm hitting the old problem of how to describe the areas of Dallas in a way that is both clear and fits into the poll answer form fields meetup allows.

So far I have the following areas I'm likely to use for the poll, but I need to know if I've either mis-represented a label or left something out that really should be there:

• Frisco & Allen
  • Plano
  • Far North Dallas and Richardson
  • Addison and North Dallas (near 635)
  • Northwest Dallas (surrounding Love Field up to 635 and Loop 12)
  • Uptown
  • Oak Lawn
  • East Dallas and Lake Highlands
  • Oak Cliff (south of the Trinity)
  • Somewhere else not listed (with a pointer to see this discussion thread)

(Those mostly match the larger regions from wikipedia:Neighborhoods in Dallas and city-data:Dallas, but there are no truly good visuals for the neighborhood regions.)

So, early responses on regions might actually make it into the poll (I have 2 slots more I can use for regions), but starting tomorrow it will really just be responses to the poll (i.e., those somewhere elses that I left out or how could I have missed something obvious).

Any comments for either me or the poll?

Thanks!
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 47
One more thing, here's a link to a Google map showing all of the places this group has gone on Tuesday night since 2007:

Douglas T. H.
DougHawes
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
You do good. Doug