The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › ACLU Dallas Chapter volunteer/member opportunities!

ACLU Dallas Chapter volunteer/member opportunities!

A former member
Post #: 8
Greetings, Happy Heathens!

As I mentioned last night at dinner, I am newly elected to the Dallas chapter of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union.) Many of you were interested in volunteering. You don't have to be a member to volunteer (but joining is only $35/year.) You can sign up here:

http://www.aclutx.org...­

We need folks to do literature tables, newsletter articles, recruiting, starting college/university chapters, calling/writing/lobbying elected officials. I also would like to start an ACLU public access TV show, so if you are interested in that please let me know.

You can use the above link to learn more about ACLU's issues. We are strict government-religion separationists, so no cretinism, bible study, organized prayers, etc., in public schools. We are also pro-reproductive choice, pro-LGBT equality, and anti-Patriot Act.

Cheers,

KD