addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Mick
Mick_
Plano, TX
Post #: 195
I think it'd be cool to have a few places that are known atheist happy hour hangouts on Fridays. Just some places you might want to stop by on the way home from work to have a drink or snack and reaffirm your faith in non-faith with those you know who will get it.

I'll put them on the calendar as notes since we don't need it to be a formal RSVP event. So far we've come up with the Flying Saucer in Addison (Beltline & Monfort) and BJ's in Plano (75 & 15th). It'd be nice to get some locations further south along 75 or where ever a group of us work so we can enjoy a known Friday respite from the gawd fearing.

Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know.
A former member
Post #: 17
it's not on 75 corridor but I like Londoner in Addison (Beltline & Midway). It is not super-noisy and tables are usually available.
A former member
Post #: 94
Londoner and Flying Saucer Addison both sound good to me.

I second those ideas.
Mick
Mick_
Plano, TX
Post #: 198
I have the Addison locations scheduled. Anyone else got a location in another area?
A former member
Post #: 52
Sherlocks - NE corner of 75 and Park in Dallas

Trinity Hall - Mockingbird Station, could be crowded on a Friday and name I guess comes from (Holy) Trinity?

Gingerman in Uptown, don't know if that's convenient for the group
Les
user 5743062
Addison, TX
Post #: 679
Addison is a great location.

However, it's one of the few places smoking is allowed, so the bars tend to be packed with smokers.

So I tend to avoid Addison bars.
Sharon
user 11034408
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
Any of the places along Henderson in Uptown are great for happy hour - pick a place - all have patio seating if it is cool enough!
A former member
Post #: 11
Lakewood!! Wine bars, dive bars, pubs, jazz bars...all within walking distance from each other. The bars, restaurants, and people are laid back and cool. The neighborhood has an abundance of free parking and no valets!
Mick
Mick_
Plano, TX
Post #: 217
We have a to of beer drinkers so name me a place in Uptown that does both beer and wine we'll (The Gingerman?) and Lakewood and I'll get them set up and well see happens.
A former member
Post #: 1
Ginderman - not so much on the wine.

We could try Jakes Very cold beer and pretty good wine. Easy parking also. Outside seating w/misters.
http://jakesburgers.n...­