The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › lil calamity :)

lil calamity :)

Hana
user 13274513
Richardson, TX
Post #: 1
that it was...LOL

I am here, and i'd like to stay :)...spite to the half "a" members, who jumped me so for my idea of trying to help our kids to deal with what we have to deal with on the daily bases, by giving them ideas, and actual "words" they can use to defend they views.
still, the danger always be there, that they just get tired of arguing, or keeping quiet, and will conform.

I work in EMS, the latest place (the best i ever worked) was Parkland ER...drove me NUTS when a group of us worked on a trauma patient so hard that my legs and arms turned into jello, and when we got him/her back, relatives sigh " thank you jesus! thank you lord!"

WTF???!!!

i did not see jesus, or any lord there!...but i have seen the doctors, the nurses, and the techs!!
and if i did not want to loose my job, i had to bite my tongue and walk away...

No matter how anyone feels, we have an obligation to help the next generation to understand the truth.
we dont have to do it with yelling our views around from a pulpit on tv...we dont have to, cuz we are right.

i have been traveling around the world for over 2 years (to scuba) seen many places.

born/raised in hungary, then worked in italy, then moved to switzerland '94, then to california (OC) in '99, then to Mississippi in '03, then to Dallas in '04...and i can say, that the USA is one the hardest cultures i have ever seen(not counting muslim countries) for being an atheist.

so, i understand those who are afraid to be themselves, and join a "semi-agnostic-church" (agnostic=bs)
but imho thats just one way to conformity.

well, i have started this to explain why i wanted to join, why i left so fast, and why i have re-joined this group., and ended up raving about my views LOLOL

I think i am very lucky that i grew up where i did not had to cover my views, i could openly say that "that god thing is really stupid"...and i am still in shock that i cant say it anymore.
i wanted to join this so i have a little place in my life where i can say it out loud.
i left cuz the 1st time i said something got knocked of my feet by nay-sayers.
and
i re-joined cuz of Mikes and Jeffreys e-mails told me that i am at the right place and just keep going!

:)

A former member
Post #: 20

I have never met you but you sound like someone I would be proud to call friend. Being an Atheist in the bible belt is VERY difficult even among fellow Atheists. I don't know what happened and it doesn't matter just stick to your convictions and surround yourself with others that feel the same.

And I so feel your pain about Xtians always thanking Jesus and not thanking the folks that helped them or even more for not patting themselves on the back for being strong and pulling through on their own strengths.
I N P.
Planogal
Plano, TX
Post #: 20
If I had kids at home, we'd be on the list to go to a park or whatever. Hope something works out. And have you heard about the summer camp? I understand there is one, but name/location escapes me. Maybe someone will give us the info.
Mick
Mick_
Plano, TX
Post #: 240
Yup, Christina, happens all the time. This vacation an SUV took me off my bike by lane changing into me and I found myself lying on my back dazed and confused 40ft feet in front of it's wrecked carcass while people stood over me. When I finally got up it was "Thank God." "God was with you." "The 'Bug Guy' was watching over you."

Seems he gets all the credit for the fact I was still in one piece but no credit for making the whole thing happen in the first place.
A former member
Post #: 107
Hana - reading your post reminded me of this

Mick - sorry to hear about your accident. Being in an accident is always on my mind being a rider.

Thank the highly trained people who do those things everyday to make our society function - and thank safety gear.
Hana
user 13274513
Richardson, TX
Post #: 2
Holly macaroni! LOLOL

I totaly forgot about that movie and that part! ROFL...is in it true tho?
...and...when u have to crack the chest of a shooting victim...and have to hand massage his heart, while running toward the OR...standing in the elevator, while his blood (life) dripping on your shoes...well...i have not seen god there...but many people who worked hard to save that life...

Mick! WTH? u ware in an accident? hope u had helmet, etc.
i am still in shock that in the US one can ride even a motorcycle w/o a helmet!!!

Thank god (wink wink) u r ok :)

b carefull :) all of you, my new friends :)