The Prototyping Manager will work with a team of designers to create user-centered designs
that meet both contextual user needs and business needs. The Prototyping Manager will design
interfaces, create prototypes and document requirements for communication to the MIS (IT)
department. The Prototyping Manager will also participate in user research and lead user
The Manager, Prototyping works as a member of the Design Team within the Platforms
and Analytics business unit at VHA. The Design Team is responsible for the creation of user
interfaces to serve VHA's member hospitals with business intelligence data concerning quality,
performance and cost for both clinical and supply data. The team also integrates sites that
display knowledge assets and support collaboration.
- Participate in user testing and user research to uncover contextual user needs and business needs, including data relationships.
- Produce wireframes and use cases for new products and enhancements to existing platforms.
- Create designs for communicating business intelligence data in tabular and graphic forms, as well as sites for learning and collaboration.
- Produce visual prototypes and requirements documentation for transmission to the MIS (IT) department.
- Plan and conduct user experience testing and usability testing with prototypes at various levels, and completed products.
- Supervise the work of contracted web designers to ensure accuracy and quality of prototypes.
- 3+ years of experience as a web designer, information architect, interaction designer or user experience designer.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction or a related field
- Experience with business intelligence systems displaying data in tabular and graphical form
- Knowledge of current practices in user interface development and design
- Ability to interpret analytics, quantitative/qualitative user test results and the general use of data to support creative decisions.
- Experience with user research to inform design and requirements
- Strong layout, typography and graphic design skills
- Experience with HTML required, and XHTML, DHTML and CSS preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS products
- Portfolio and samples of work required.
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
We are EOE/AA - M/F/D/V.
Contact: Tim Reiter- Corporate Recruiter
About the Company
VHA Inc., based in Irving, Texas, is a national network of not-for-profit health care organizations
that work together to drive maximum savings in the supply chain arena, set new levels of clinical
performance and identify and implement best practices to improve operational efficiency and clinical
outcomes. In 2010, VHA delivered record savings and value of $1.7 billion to members.
Formed in 1977, VHA serves nearly 1,350 not-for-profit hospitals and more than 30,000 non-acute care
providers nationwide, coordinating delivery of its programs and services through its 14 regional offices.
VHA has been listed as one of the best places to work in health care by Modern Healthcare since 2008
and one of the best places to work in IT by Computer World since 2007.