We are seeking to expand our UX team in the Richardson location. We are working on an exciting and profitable line of communications and collaboration technologies. Please see the description below and email [address removed] if you would like to apply or have any questions.
UX Design Lead
Cisco Systems Inc.
COMPANY: Cisco Systems, Inc.
JOB LOCATION: Richardson, TX (Dallas)
JOB TITLE: Senior User Experience Designer
JOB DURATION: Contract
Cisco is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to join the Collaboration Infrastructure User Experience team in our Richardson Texas office.
In this role, you will be a key player on a small team designing experiences for IT administrators to manage collaboration technologies including video conferencing, IP telephony, and web conferencing.
You should have a strong, multi-disciplinary design background with a portfolio that shows your best work in interaction design, research, and/or visual design.
As you will work in an unfamiliar and challenging technical domain, you should be comfortable working under tight schedules with limited knowledge in a constantly changing environment.
* Define the user interaction model and workflows for key tasks in the IT management domain
* Work with engineers and product managers to simplify complex, technical tasks into delightful, easy-to-use software
* Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes
* Work with visual designers to refine the interactive experience and produce designs consistent with Cisco's brand
* Work with our research lead to design, observe, and analyze usability studies
* Work closely with engineers to implement your design into the product
* Facilitate project communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
* Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing products, providing feedback to engineering and product management
* 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for applications
* Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, or related field
* Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
* Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
* Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
* Experience doing user-centered design in an Agile software development environment
* Familiarity with technical topics relating to computer networking, systems administration, and voice/video communication or an eagerness and aptitude to learn these domains