addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dallas User Experience Group Message Board › Direct Hire Opportunity in Houston, TX

Direct Hire Opportunity in Houston, TX

chris b.
user 115088112
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone

Good afternoon. My name is Chris Barry and I’m a recruiter with Apex Systems. I have an opportunity that I wanted to present to the group.

Thanks,

Position title: Senior Interaction Designer
Client: Oil/Gas
Duration: Direct hire, Perm
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience level

Description:
Our client is building a world-class UX team and is currently looking for seasoned professionals. The ideal candidate is someone who can provide thought leadership and provide a continual catalyst for innovation for UX. This should include the ability to research, develop, and communicate a long-term, innovative UI design based on a thorough knowledge of UI technology, competitive products, and leading edge design concepts.

Candidates must have and be able to present a portfolio demonstrating experience delivering high quality UI designs and/or a mastery of usability engineering methodologies. Exercises judgment and creativity in determining the users' needs and how those translate to product design. Proposes new ideas that will improve the software development process. Works with multiple products on multiple platforms, and identifies and promotes integrated workflows. Serves as a mentor. Skills are typically acquired through completion of an graduate degree in human factors, interaction design, computer science, or a related field and 5+ years of experience in commercial software development. Completion of a Master’s degree is a plus.

Firm understanding of software development process.
Firm understanding of UI design trends and UI Technology
Ability to evaluate new tools and techniques, transferring knowledge to team.
Ability to organize, prioritize work, and collaborate to properly complete tasks via teamwork.
Ability to innovate to improve user interactions and workflows.
Ability to drive constant improvement working collaboratively within the R&D organization
chris b.
user 115088112
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Also, my contact information is:
cbarry@apexsystemsinc.com
713-266-6557

Thanks,