We are joining with North Dallas Dines In to host a pizza and wine party in Coppell! I had planned on having another restaurant meetup to get to know some of you first but Keith, the NDDI organizer, offered to host an event with us, at his house, and it seemed like a good way to do finally some cooking!
I will bring the trailer-oven over and fire it up. We’ll have enough dough for about 30 pizzas. We like you to bring toppings, paper ware, plastic ware, a salad, or some such plus a beverage of your choice. We might need some additional dough if you really want to test yours out.
So we’ll plan on hanging around the backyard, sipping on wine, throwing pies together, watching them cook, noshing on a few, chatting and laughing. If that sounds good please come join us. We are very excited to meet and cook with everyone!
Here are some details to keep in mind and I apologize for its length (Doing some thought organization on the fly.) :
- This will be charging for this event - $3/pp to cover the pizza dough plus oven and dining supplies.
- The pizza oven is hot, around 800 degrees, so these Neapolitan-style pies cook very quickly. We'll want to keep the toppings light.
- Toppings will be tricky to plan and organize as everyone likes something different, and everyone will bring different quality items, so plan on being patient. Also, please bring it in a cooler, with ice, in case we don't have cooler room to keep it at a safe temp until serving time.
- Toppings - whatever you wish but bring enough for at LEAST 2 14" pies. That's about a handful or two per pie. If people really like it we’ll need more. Like with items such as pepperoni. Keep the pieces thin or small because they’ll only be in the oven for 2 minutes or less. Think "less is more"
Meats – Italian sausage, pepperoni, prosciutto, shrimp( pre-cooked)
Veg – mushrooms raw, onion (raw, caramelized), peppers (raw, roasted), olives (pitted of course), fresh basil & rosemary, potato, zucchini, jalapeno, garlic (raw or roasted cloves), Brussel sprouts.
Cheese – see below plus ricotta
- Sauce - For consistency it might be best to use one red sauce. If you have a good, vegetarian, pizza/marinara sauce let us know. Otherwise we will provide an [untested] creation of our own. I say vegetarian so that everyone can enjoy. If you'd like to bring a different sauce post it in the comments - white, pesto, garlic oil, etc.
- Cheese - please bring QUALITY cheese, either thinly sliced (provolone, fresh mozz), or shredded (mozz, asiago, parm-romano-grana padano, etc). Any other suggestions? Pizza doesn't need tricked up too much. By “quality” I mean not pasteurized processed and let’s step it up from Food Club.
- In addition to toppings, we’d love for a couple of you could bring a big, simple salad for the group. If you don’t want to be troubled, we can make a vinaigrette for them all. (Still haven’t found a bottled dressing I enjoy.)
- Please plan on helping with the cooking, prep, setup or teardown. It takes everyone pitching in to make it a success.
- This will be an outdoor even so we will reschedule if there is rain.
Really looking forward to seeing everyone and playing with the oven!