The Dallas Area Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Go, Wuiqi, Baduk???

Go, Wuiqi, Baduk???

Adrian A
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 4
Hey I'm Adrian and am a sucker for a good board game. Does anyone around here play Go (wuiqi)? Or know where to get game pieces locally? I just started playing.
A former member
Post #: 31
Hey, Adrian, I don't but my son plays all the time on the computer. He asked me if this group ever plays GO and while I have as of yet not had a chance to attend a group gathering I told him I didn't think that they played that game. I see that you live in Ft. Worth...did you want to drive over to play?
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 10
I'm not sure about locally but there are many options for buying it online. Amazon, E-Bay, Geek Trade. Here is a good resource that includes rules, discussions relating to the game and links to many options for playing it online and purchasing: http://www.boardgameg...­.
A former member
Post #: 32
Adrian, I talked to my son and he is very interested in playing you. He asked me to ask you what level you were?
Adrian A
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 5
Id love to play with him. I dont have a level yet since I just started. Does he have a board, if not once I get one id love to set up a game.... im sure he could teach me alot.
David B.
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 80
I have not played go but have played Pente. I understand Pente is a derivative of the go game.

I was published once in the Pente magazine which no longer exists. I do have a Pente game and will bring it next time I am able to make it to the meetup.
A former member
Post #: 33
Yes, he has a board. I will ask him to come with me next time and he can bring his board. I know he is looking forward to playing in person. He tried to teach me and we played for awhile but I take so many medicines that my memory retention is awful and that game requires more than I have to give! LOL