The Dallas Backyard Poultry Meetup Group Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Looking for a good home

Looking for a good home

Justin V.
user 71976512
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
For a Rhode Island Red rooster. He's a little under a year old and is a bit spoiled. My son rescued him off the street as a chick and he'd had all his tail feathers pulled out by something, so we brought him home and nursed him to health. He is now a pretty nice looking and pretty large rooster, and I have to get rid of him - have already gotten a code compliance citation. He normally spends the night and morning in a rabbit cage in the house, but I work from home and I can't have him crowing in the middle of a call.

So unfortunately, I have to find another home for him, and one that will promise not to eat him - its my son's condition.
Justin V.
user 71976512
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
He looks almost exactly like the picture of the rooster used for the logo, with slightly fewer tail feathers.
A former member
Post #: 26
I sent this out to people I know in the Waco/Temple/Killeen area...it's a bit of a shot in the dark but I'll try.
A former member
Post #: 27
Justin, I found a no kill home for your rooster. I can confirm that the home is no kill because I have bought pet chickens from her before. Please call me today after 430pm at 254 498 0621. Thank you!
Justin V.
user 71976512
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
Justin, I found a no kill home for your rooster. I can confirm that the home is no kill because I have bought pet chickens from her before. Please call me today after 430pm at 254 498 0621. Thank you!

I will call you tomorrow after 430 pm if that is okay. I am sorry I had some unexpected family emergencies that kept me from checking here.