Allison Romberg G.
agessner
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
Can chicks use a nipple waterer? Does anyone know someplace local that sells those?
dan P.
Chickenman-Dan
Quinlan, TX
Post #: 225
You should start them out on a jar with marbles or rocks in the bottom to prevent the chicks from "swimming accidents" for a week or so, then put the nipple waterer in and teach a couple where the water is. Obce they have the hang of it, you can remove the jar. I don't know of any local suppliers - I get mine online from Jeffers.
Allison Romberg G.
agessner
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
I discovered a guy called Mr. Peeps on backyardchickens.org who sells them for a buck a piece, but I will also check out Jeffers. Thanks for the info.
David M.
user 14617739
Dallas, TX
Post #: 11
chickenfountain.com has some bottle cap nipple waterers that can be put on soda bottles. They also have watering systems, if you want to go the pre-made route.
A former member
Post #: 59
Allison, I didnt find Mr. Peeps. Got a hint or URL?
Allison Romberg G.
agessner
Dallas, TX
Post #: 61

Here's my awesome new chicken drinker! It's called a BriteTap, and it's fantastic!

• Water stays clean & cool inside the Igloo (or whatever brand water cooler you use)
  • Easy to install, no tools required
  • Will keep water in liquid state for up to 12 hours during freezing weather
  • My chickens caught on right away