This talk will cover lessons the Flux7 team has learned after helping dozens of web development teams efficiently leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Citing first-hand experience, we've learned that effectively leveraging the cloud means a mindset change for developers and their managers. We'll discuss this shift in the context of AWS through the following topics:
• A short introduction to the key AWS services that every web developer should be aware of.
• How AWS differs from traditional data centers and how these differences could impact your application.
• How leveraging AWS will and should impact your workflow.
• Typical pitfalls and gotchas developers run into with AWS.
• The 5 key things that every web developer should learn by heart if they are writing an app to be deployed in AWS.
If you are considering AWS, planning your first cloud deployment, or even just curious about this "cloud" that everyone keeps talking about, you won't want to miss this interactive, real-world conversation!
Speaker: Aater Suleman
Aater Suleman is the CEO of Flux7, an Austin-based DevOps consulting firm. Flux7 has deployed a variety of web apps across different technology stacks, and has interfaced with teams ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. Aater earned his PhD at the University of Texas at Austin, where he also currently teaches computer systems design and architecture.