The Dallas-Plano Pug Meetup Group Message Board › JOBS FOR PUG OWNERS

JOBS FOR PUG OWNERS

Debbie
followthattrail
Group Organizer
Gainesville, TX
Post #: 842
ON A BUDGET BUT NEED A PET SITTER OR A HOUSEKEEPER? Are you in need of a short term or long term dog-friendly help from a person who can perform any of the following activities?

• Caregiver
  • Income Tax Return Help
  • Pet Sitting
  • Housekeeping
  • Accounting
  • Clerical
  • Computer Graphics

ATTENTION: If you have a room to rent in your home in exchange for work or if you can hire a Pug person short or long term for small or large jobs please post your messages here. I have received several emails over the last month from some of our members who are in need of work and/or a room. Some are unemployed due to the recession and companies closing down; some are losing their homes due to foreclosure and job loss. The recession is only getting worse. Please help out our fellow Pug lovers by giving them preference when you hire someone.

Our members are a talented lot! On top of it, they LOVE Pugs! What better show of character is there than that? Please support our wonderful members and hire a Pug Owner today! smile

P.S. Want to link to this message and send an email to your friends? Here is the link to do that: http://www.meetup.com...­

Remember they need to be a member of Meetup to read this message.
Debbie
followthattrail
Group Organizer
Gainesville, TX
Post #: 817
P.S. If you are bartering a room in your home for work, please don't forget to come up with a written contract detailing exactly what the job description is, and what your rules are for the home including both people and pets.

You can find Room and Board Contracts here if you are not sure how to draw one up. Leave no room for doubt. Even if you didn't put it in a contract, if you have a disagreement over something, this will cause unhappiness.

The most common issues of contention are

• Rules for Dogs (Scooping Poop, Crating, etc.)
  • Alcohol
  • Smoking
  • Curfew hours
  • Playing of music or musical instruments
  • Guests

Patty H.
Mr.Momo
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
I am a realtor with Coldwell Banker Apex. There are options many times people are not aware of if at risk of losing their home. Maybe you need to buy or sell for other reasons. I can assist with real estate needs and related issues. In my "former life" ,as I call it, I was a crisis counselor. I am certainly well versed in people and the people side of business.
A former member
Post #: 7
I am helping my husbands xwife look for summer care for her two girls 7 and 10. If you know a reliable teenager or adult that would be able to make a schedule with activities for these two girls at your house by 190 and Campbell, let me know. Must be kind but firm and know how to say no to two girls who want their way. THey are good, I just don't want a pushover. Thanks! Tracey
ps It is only for 3-4 days a week.
A former member
Post #: 135
Our "babysitter" is moving and we really would love to find a new petsitter for those few times that we go out of town and cannot bring our 2 pugs with us. This would be staying in our home and caring for our 2 pugs. Although we would not be adverse to them staying at a good home instead of here if necessary.