The Dallas Sierra Club’s Memorial Day bus trip to backpack or hike in the Sacramento Mountains of Lincoln National Forest near Cloudcroft, New Mexico is May 23-27. See the trip details and registration forms by clicking this link: http://www.dallassierraclub.org/eventfiles/files/sacramento-mtn-bus-trip-2014.pdf.
The deadline for the early registration price of $255 is Tuesday, but if your check and registration forms are postmarked MONDAY, May 5, we will honor the early registration price, regardless of arrival date. You may also register later for $285 until available seats on the sleeper bus have been sold.
Here are reasons to sign up for the Memorial Day trip:
· It’s going to be hot in Dallas.
· Cloudcroft and vicinity are higher, cooler and totally different from nearby Alamogordo, White Sands National Monument and White Sands Missile Range.
· The altitude around 8,000 to 9,500 feet is the sweet spot altitude that most people can tolerate with little or no difficulty and yet it’s high enough to experience hiking at high altitude.
· This will be the best remaining Dallas Sierra Club opportunity until fall for beginner outing experiences.
· It’s an opportunity for intermediate and expert backpackers to test readiness for higher, longer adventures this summer in the Pecos Wilderness and Weminuche Wilderness.
· The Sierra Club’s trained volunteer leaders almost always send you home safe, happy and inspired.
· A portion of each trip fee supports the Sierra Club’s mission to explore, enjoy and protect the natural environment.
· The trip’s going to be fun!