Participants have the opportunity to co-create permaculture designs for urban and suburban environments and learn about natural building and community cultivation strategies applicable to life anywhere on the planet.
Taught by eco pioneers, Theron Beaudreau and John Bushe', this 72 hour Premium Permaculture Design Course will be held on a 1200 acre ranch 45 north of Denton, in the Red River Valley. At the end of the course, you are invited to celebrate at the first annual Tribal Revival gathering, which takes place on the final weekend of the course, coinciding with 2014's Fall Equinox (Tribal Revival ticket included w/Permacuulture Design course). The course will cover every major topic in Bill Mollison’s “Permaculture: a Designers Manual” and will also be packed full of rich, practical examples of permaculture design through Theron and John's direct experience learning from permaculture professionals, biologists and community organizers from around the world! Separating this PDC from the rest will be a unique focus on applying Permaculture to business and economics. Some of the subjects students can expect to learn about:
1. Philosophies, and Ethics of permaculture
2. Permaculture Design Principles
3. Patterns in Nature - how they apply to design
4. Design Methods - turning damaged landscapes into productive, healthy landscapes
5. Climate - how to design within your climate where ever you are
6. Trees and Forest Systems - how to mimic nature in your design
7. Water - catchment, usage, importance and conservation
8. Soil - minerals, microorganisms, erosion prevention and soil creation
9. Earthworks - shaping the land to achieve our design goals
10. Animal Systems - fish and water plant production. Livestock.
11. Natural Building - cob, adobe, compressed earth and more!
12. Community Development - Strategies for restorative economic development
13. Urban Design Systems - designing for density
14. Applying Permaculture to Business and Finance - Learn how to create cutting edge business and capture uncontested markets worth billions
This Permaculture Design Course runs over a jam packed two weeks from September 5th – September 20th (Graduation Ceremony, Potluck & Party!) To receive a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) issued by the Permaculture Research Institute, participants are required to attend all two weeks of exciting hands-on and classroom learning. However, we are going to offer this PDC in 1 day modules, so if your schedule doesn't allow you to attend the full two weeks or you can't budget for the full price, you can still participate! During future PDC courses, you can then continue to accrue the courses you need to earn your design certificate. More information and registration: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/permaculture-design-course-at-tribal-revival-tickets-11866491997