Region: North Dallas / Dallas Proper
Classification: Hit Around, Social
Court Fees: FREE
We’ll try an earlier time and see if we can secure some courts.
We can have two waves. One at 6:30p and one at 8:00p.
That way you can rotate out for the next group.
Please announce which wave you plan on attending when you RSVP.
First wave not required to rotate out because they might have waited just to get a court.
8 Courts - w/ Lights
Mixed doubles for the most part...
Come on out, all skill levels welcome...
Dallas should have completed it's spraying, but I recommend you still use protection.
Garlic Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Minced garlic, mineral oil, and lemon juice
- Cost: Less than $5
Mince a few cloves of garlic then cover with mineral oil. Allow it to sit for at least 24 hours. Next you take a teaspoon of *just the oil* and mix it with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Strain through a cheesecloth if you have any floaties then pour into a spray bottle. Shake before each use.
Lemon Eucalyptus Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Lemon eucalyptus oil and sunflower oil or witch hazel
- Cost: $9.50 for 8 oz. of lemon eucalyptus oil (can be purchased on Amazon.com)
Directions: Mix 1 part lemon eucalyptus oil for every 10 parts of sunflower oil/witch hazel. Rub or spray on skin.
Lavender Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Fresh lavender (the flower)
- Cost: Free (if you have lavender growing in your yard); otherwise Home Depot sells the plant for about $12
Rub a lavender flower behind your ears, wrists and neck. Not only will you smell great but mosquitoes will leave you alone.
Vanilla Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Vanilla extract
- Cost: Less than $5 at grocery store
Apply some vanilla extract or vanilla essence to your pulse points.