Sorry for the late last minute posting.....this should be fun though.
I'm tagging along with the Bucket List groups event and thought some of the Wildlifers might like to come.
Basically this is a nature hike followed by a festival benefitting kids. Bring a new Teddy Bear as a donation if you like.
There will be a Bonfire and some kind of Children of the Corn stuff going on. LOL (Look it up)
I will bring some firewood. Please bring some also if you can. Some folks are camping out so that is an option if you want to do so.
Here are some details......
Join us for a hike, fire and/or camp-out on beautiful Lake Lewisville. Participants are welcome to attend just the hike, fire, camp-out or all three. Limited camping spaces available. There will be a Festivus Pole, an airing of grievances and friendly feats of strength. (See Festivus)
Donation: Not mandatory but if you would like to bring a (new) teddy bear to donate to the CCAKIDS it would be greatly appreciated.
Meetup Address: Sycamore Bend ParkHickory Creek, TX 75065
Event Coordinates / Map: N[masked]' W[masked]'
Google Map Directions from Swisher Road
Web Address: Sycamore Bend Park (Please read park rules)
Look for: Once inside park drive to end of gravel road, the site will be marked with an orange paper with a compass picture. If you are late the group may be hiking and we will return by 7:30PM. Please feel free to wait for us. Please do not leave any fires unattended.
Participants should bring:
- Good shoes with ankle support.
- Water and Food (Grill Available).
- Bundle of Wood for Fire.
- Camping Gear if staying night.
- Color Printed Copy of Hiking Map.
- Whistle and Compass.
- Flashlight and Small first aid kit.
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
Costs: (Self-Pay near Park Entrance Gate)
$2 (before and up to 10PM)
$2 (additional at self pay station if staying after 10PM)
or just pay the $7 (if camping over nite / or staying past 10PM)
Notice: Organizer not responsible for tickets or fines.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 2 depending on weather.
Length of Event: 12/15 (4PM) - 12/16 (morning)
Environment: Primitive, Cold, Dark, Possible Wind.
Parking: Unsupervised, No past issues known.
- At arrival pay for parking or camping at self pay station near gate.
- Claim your camping site or seat near the fire.
- Scenic Hike starts at 4:30PM (2.5 miles at comfortable pace)
- Fire starts between 7-7:30PM (unless park issues no fire)
- Camping starts at 10:00PM (bring your own gear)