Dallas Wildlife Hiking Group Message Board › Moving to Colorado...

Moving to Colorado...

The Pug W.
followthattrail
Gainesville, TX
Post #: 858
You know we have all dreamed of it and more than a few Texans has actually followed through with moving to Colorado. I started this discussion to get everyone's feedback on this topic.
I sold my house in north Texas and I am now ready to make the move. Unfortunately, I have no clue how I am going to accomplish this. This May's unseasonable, hot, sweltering weather reminds me that August is approaching. Every summer I dream of Colorado but here I am as usual just dreaming.
Anyone have any ideas on how to make my dream come true? I'll move to any city or town in CO. Since my job is here, and I can't transfer, I obviously need a new start. Unfortunately, I have no friends in CO to stay with while job hunting so that is out.
Okay people, hit me with your best shot!!!

Cheryl
Cookiwafer
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 62
First things first .. you've got to pinpoint on the map, where you want to land and build out from there. Put in your resume's with companies, etc in the area(s) you've pinpointed, like. find the local paper/ads, online where you want to move to & find the "Roomate wanted" etc ... if you want to do this .. you'll make it happen. You just need a plan. You have to have a point in which to build around ... Colorado Springs sounds good. Great hiking, lots of diversity, wonderful people and extremely dog friendly. Also, there are a lot of service people there, wich means they're always in transition, and a lot are always looking for someone to split house rental, etc ... just a thought .. Cheryl Karr
Tammy K.
user 12581308
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Well I just moved back from Houston to Dallas and it is definitely easier to find/look for a job when you are living in the area. I agree to pick where I want to live and start from there. I don't know what you do, but you can also pick several part time jobs to get you settled in. I'm in accounting and that is what I was going to do. Also, where you want to live could change after you have been there a while. I used to live in Buena Vista when I was a kid. It's is so beautiful. I don't know anyone there anymore but I'm planning a vacation there to tour the state the last week in June. Denver or Colo Springs, Buena Vista, Leadville, Aspen, and Boulder. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Cheryl
Cookiwafer
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 63
I think, if you're not too specific, just getting close TO an area where you think you might want to be, live on a permanent basis, is a good start. A good place to transition into would be Colorado Springs since it's pretty much centered/geared around transitionary people since they are in and out (military) and are more easily set up to accomodate people that are new to the area, finding a place to live/home to share, roomate, etc on a temp basis. Also, there are a good many part time jobs to be had. Manitou Springs has a good many as well, which is closeby. And .. a dream to live in! But, first things first .. need to find a center point, starting point. Good luck. My vote goes for Larkspur .. my dream house awaits me there ... biggrin