Dallas Wildlife Hiking Group Message Board › Big Bend Adventure!

Big Bend Adventure!

Plano, TX
Post #: 75

Ah, someone else who enjoys swimming!

Big Bend National Park, itself, does not offer snorkeling or diving, as far as I know (though, I will check). It does offer rafting (which I don't plan to do on this trip). However, I *DO* plan for us to spend at least a day (and a night camping) at a "nearby" place where people regularly practice their scuba diving. But, that would be off the weekend portion, which we would spend in Big Bend National Park.
A former member
Post #: 4
Big Bend is a very long drive. The two closest airports are Midland and El Paso. I'm considering flying AA into Midland, (MAF), from DFW and then rent a car for the last leg of the trip. I think its about 250 - 300 mi. more. If anyone would be interested in carpooling that last leg of the trip with me, let me know. The only other airport I found was El Paso. The airfare was about $250 vs. $150 in Midland.

A former member
Post #: 1
I want in sounds like fun if y'all have dates I'll submit it for my vacation dates yesterday and I wouldn't mind car pooling I rather drive anyways
Plano, TX
Post #: 132
I am considering trying this again this year, in March or April 2014.
Plano, TX
Post #: 133
I don't have all the details on the expenses worked out, but for a week on the road, the entrance and camping fees comes out to about $115 per vehicle.