|Sent on:||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:40 PM|
As you can see this meetup group is starting to roll our some new and unique classes for adults, such as ballet, contemporary, and hip hop. The question is why would an adult want to learn these dances?
1. Foundation- Going back and learning/relearning dance basics will make you a more powerful and graceful dancer no matter what style you are learning. Ballroom and latin dances actually borrow heavily from ballet when it comes to technique and spins. Learning about foot position, weight transfers, how to turn effectively will help make you the kind of dancer you want to be faster.
2. Fitness and health- There is no greater way to stay healthy and in shape then by learning dance. Dance helps improve the mind, body, and soul! Dance has been proven to Boost Memory, Improve Flexibility, Reduce Stress, Diminish Depression, Help Your Heart, Lose Weight, Balance Better, Increase Energy and, Make Friends. Which brings us to our next point!
3. Sociability- Its no secret after college it becomes really hard for adults to make new friends. Dance events are great ways to make new friend and meet new people. With dance in your life you will never have to spend a Friday or Saturday night bored and alone unless you want to. Ladies! as most of you know there always seems to be a shortage of male leaders when you go to a class! In a ballet, contemporary, or hip hop class you never have to worry about it. You never have to worry about taking turns or sitting down. You just dance and have fun!
4. Performance- Did you know DanceStar the studio that host these classes does adult recitals? That's right you can learn a ballet, contemporary, or hip hop routines and perform it on stage with your friends. Wont your non dance friends and family be surprised when they see you on stage performing.
5. The DanceStar difference- Did you know they have a custom class program? If you get together with 9 of your friends you can create a class just for you and your friends. You can pick any day and any time you want. And as class organizer you would get to dance for free plus many other perks.
Why convince your friends to do dance with you? Did you know Dancestar is going to do 2 adult dance recitals a year? How great would it be to not only learn with your friends....but also be on stage performing with them as well? Their instructors can put together a routine just for you and your friends. So come learn, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, and ballet! Have fun dancing, and never have to worry about a shortage of leaders/men.
With summer winding down and activities start moving from outside to inside, now is the time to get involved in dance. Join DanceStar tonight for some ballet at 7pm! All of their classes are half off till their grand opening! only $5!