A laptop with R (R Studio) is recommended, but not required
In this seminar data aficionado Wen Phan will discuss the creative aspects of visualization along with applications. Wen will focus on: 1. case studies, 2. practical issues, and 3. design and communication.
1. Review ggplot principles and basics
2. Data prep for visualization (reshaping data, etc)
3. Design principles (typography, color, visual balance)
4. Case studies of design principles
5. Implementing reusable design and themes in your visualization
6. Explore expressiveness of ggplot: shaded plots, network plots.
7. Outputting Files
Brief Bio - Wen Phan:
Wen Phan is a Solutions Architect with SAS, a global leader in analytics. He supports hospitality, gaming, travel, and service customers with a focus on data mining, high performance analytics, visual analytics, and visual statistics. In addition to the SAS platform, Wen has been an avid R user for the last 5 years. He is also a recent graduate of the Master of Science in Business Analytics at the George Washington University, where he was the recipient of the Business Analytics Award for Excellence.