Nice lift-off of The Brussels Data Science Community.
Our first Brussels Data Science meetup ended with lots of smiling faces, many thanks to all the passionated datascientists who actively participated. We managed to articulate our common interests and defined how our meetings could be structured.
We want to:
• be a knowledge hub for data scientists, we are open to everybody.
• Share knowledge - work on practical business case - learn from others - have fun are some of our driving forces.
"Our ultimate goal is to make the difference by applying our science and knowledge on social challenges."
Next meetup will take place on May 8th.
On the agenda we have 3 presentations :
• Bart will explain how banks use datascience.
• Maxime will show how datascience is to discover mood trends using Twitter dataset.
• Peadar will explain how nosql can help the datascientist.
Sebastien will lead the discussion around how our community could assist social ngo and charity project. Bart has a potential project sponsor in mind.
Before and after our event there is a lot of opportunity to network.
We are currently looking for a bigger meetup locations.
Suggestions are welcome !
Don't forget to invite your peers to our event !