As part of Big Data Week, we are coordinating with the Maryland INFORMS Chapter to bring interesting to the area. Since this topic is of interest to many of our members, we wanted everyone to be aware.
If you are interested in attending, please register at the INFORMS Eventbrite page: http://informsmaryland.eventbrite.com
Getting started with Big Data Analytics can be a daunting task because of the complexities of the technologies and the fast evolution of the software ecosystem. This talk will expose analytics professionals to established open source big data technologies and provide them with practical methods to prototype and develop big data analytics without requiring deep knowledge of software development or distributed computing. Come learn the secrets that hard core software developers don't want you to know! The talk will cover
- An overview of Hadoop and Map Reduce
- Alternatives to writing Java code to develop analytics on Hadoop
- The big data analytic development lifecycle – How to go from data to insights
- A worked example using the principals we discussed
- How you can get started with big data technologies today