Data Tuesday Barcelona is a Monthly Event bringing together: start-ups, companies, public sector representatives, individuals, hackers, creative people ...
interested in everything that is fascinating about Data.
- Big Data Technologies
- Data Visualization (or Data Visualisation)
- Open Data & Data Journalism
It has the following format:
- Five to eight people/companies/organizations present to the public, each has a short time to make an "elevator pitch", then the public gets the opportunity to ask questions.
- After a very quick summary and announcements, we mingle and discuss and you get to discuss with the speaker that you found the most interesting.
You can propose a pitch about :
- Projects & Businesses => we do cool stuff / innovative services in : data journalism, data management, data mining, big data, levering of public or private data, ...
- Tools & standards => we are fan of "this technology" or "that standard is the future"
- Policies => we care about "public transparency", "privacy", "business opportunities",
And we are happy to relay any announcements you care to communicate us as long as it's relevant to the "data" community.
Although the "forums/discussion boards" of meetups are not the most used part we actually do leverage them: mostly for two important functions:
If interested do not forget visit regularly or to click on "track this discussion", this will not be done automatically!
Welcome to Data Tuesday Barcelona
Itnig's networking place
c/ Àlaba 61,5-2,Barcelona, Barcelona
Open Data is a major trend in Europe,
but what are the data sets that really get opened ?
how policies are shaping this ?
What technologies and business models can we...
Patrick S. (Organizer)
September 10 · 10:00 AM
Data Worldwide - Development programme for transdisciplinary projects
Dear friend of Data Tuesdays, Here's an opportunity for networking and collaborative learning in a gorgeous Greek island for a full-immersion 5-day Masterclass.
Do you... Learn more
July 1 · 7:30 PM
Data in the City
Next Data Tuesday core theme will be Data in the City
What Data are generated in the City and how can we get them, and use them...
What are the existing and/or needed... Learn more
April 22 · 7:30 PM
Future Trends in Data
Our 1st meeting in 2014 will focus on Future Trends:
• We will speak about the legal and political environment impacting "big / open data"
• We will have a closer look... Learn more
October 22, 2013 · 7:30 PM
Focus on Big Data
This time we will focus unabashedly on Big Data, and we will discuss the topic from 3 different perspectives:
"... Learn more
September 17, 2013 · 7:30 PM
Focus on Data Visualization
After the success of the Launch Meeting, we are looking forward to see you all at the Second Data Tuesday Barcelona Meeting.
For this, although we are interested in all... Learn more
See all past Meetups