addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Data Wranglers DC Message Board › I look forward to seeing you at the meetup tomorrow night

I look forward to seeing you at the meetup tomorrow night

Robert D.
robertwdempsey
Mc Lean, VA
Good morning and happy Tuesday,
I am greatly looking forward to seeing you at the meetup tomorrow night.
In this email I cover some final important logistics. Please read the entire thing, and let me know if you have any questions.
Are you really attending?
I opened up the RSVP list due to so many people on the waiting list. We want to accommodate everyone, so please update your RSVP to let us know if you're coming. This also lets us know how much food and beverage we should purchase.
Drinks will be provided after the meetup.
After the meetup, stay and mingle with your fellow data wranglers over a beer. Our sponsor ARPC (my employer) is providing the food and beer. Happy days!
Prepping your computer for the fun.
We'll be getting hands-on tomorrow night. But don't be worried - you don't have to write any code if you don't want to. It's totally optional.
If you do want to join in, please install Python and BeautifulSoup4. The easiest way to install Python, if your computer doesn't already have it, is to use an installer from Continuum.io. This is what I use as they have all the major Python libraries for data wrangling and analysis baked right in. Here's a link to download and install instructions: http://continuum.io/downloads­
Next you'll want to install the BeautifuSoup4 library. Here's a link on how to do that (once you have Python installed): http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/­
The schedule.
Here's what tomorrow looks like:
6:30pm - Pizza, beverages & networking
7:00pm - Introduction (Ed Bell, ARPC)
7:15pm - Presentation / Workshop (Robert Dempsey, ARPC)
8:30pm - Mingle with your fellow data wranglers over a beer
Also, the unflappable Jason Koch will be working the door until 7PM, letting you up to Logik. Please be on time as Jason will be heading up to the meetup at 7PM.
Any questions?
If you have any questions about the meetup, please hit reply and let me know. I'll see you tomorrow night!
Sincerely,
Robert Dempsey