align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Data Wranglers DC Message Board › Code and presentation from Stata vs. R

Code and presentation from Stata vs. R

Robert D.
robertwdempsey
Mc Lean, VA
Good morning and happy Thursday,
Thanks to everyone who came out last night for the meetup. Jason and Refi provided a ton of information, and seeing Stata and R side-by-side was eye opening for me, and further proved that R is awesome :)
The code and slides have been posted to GitHub. You can grab them both here >>
Subscribe to the DC2 Newsletter
Keep up with the DC data community by signing up for the free DC2 newsletter. Once a week you'll find out about jobs, blog posts, and all the latest in the community.
Upcoming DWDC Meetups
Next month Ryan Harvey will discuss good tools that exist for connecting to databases to help with repeatable and reversible data wrangling and analysis. Get all the deets here >>
In July we're doing a joint meetup with SPDC and DC NLP. The topic - the nuts and bolts of natural language processing using Python/NLTK and R. If this meetup is anything like the other NLP meetups, we'll all need to put on our uber data geek hats. RSVP for that bit of awesome here >>
Thanks To ARPC For Food and Beverage
A huge thanks to (my employer) ARPC for providing food and beverages for the meetup last night. As a group we seem to love pizza as they all disappeared last night.
Want To Learn (or Talk) About A Topic?
Hit reply to this email and let me know. I'm considering doing a talk in August about tools including Open Refine, however if someone else has a topic tell me about it! I'm here for you my friends.
Have a fantastic rest of your week, and if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Sincerely,
Robert Dempsey