Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and domestic violence through community education, supportive services, legal advocacy and leadership development. Serving the five boroughs of New York City, Day One uses an empowerment model that invests and involves young people in maintaining safe relationships for themselves and their peers.
The Associate Board
The Associate Board is a hands-on group that provides advice, assistance, and creative input to the staff and Board of Day One in their efforts to provide legal and social services, preventive education and peer leadership opportunities to NYC youth.
Associate Board members:
- Attend all Quarterly Associate Board meetings.
- Assist Day One in promoting our programs, services and events by disseminating information to friends, colleagues, and others, encouraging their involvement in Day One.
- Provide advice to Day One staff – in your area of expertise – on issues such as fundraising, legal services, media relations, community outreach, youth programming, professional training, serving NYC youth in a culturally appropriate manner, local social service and school-based referrals, policy development and administrative matters.
- Design, plan, attend, support, and volunteer in the execution of two Day One events including potential fundraising and/or awareness campaigns.
- Develop knowledge about Day One’s programs by attending at least one community-based workshop as well as other events during the year, meeting the staff of the organization and maintaining current knowledge of Day One’s partnerships and activities through the Day One website.
- Financially support Day One by raising at least $300 per year, $100 of which must be met through a personal donation.
For more information about Day One, please visit our website: http://www.dayoneny.org/dayone/