Join the Dayton Hikers group for an informal get together at True Heights Outfitters in Beavercreek. The outfitter is available for our use from 6:30pm to 9:00pm.
6:30pm-7:00pm - Meet The Group & Pizza Party. Come meet members of the group in a relaxed atmosphere. Mingle with your hiking pals. Meet new friends. New members are welcome to attend. Go shopping! Enjoy some coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks.
Come Enjoy Some Pizza! Pizza will be supplied by Dayton Hikers. The pizza is courtesy of our generous Donating Members.
7:00 pm-8:00pm - Enjoy A Presentation.
Topic: What's New With Outdoor Recreation in Dayton!
Presenter: Angie Sheldon, Outdoor Recreation Coordinator, Five Rivers MetroParks.
Presentation Description: Find out the latest and great news about outdoor recreation in Dayton. Get updates on hiking trails, backpacking, cycling and paddling. Find out the current state of the many projects that Five Rivers MetroParks is undertaking. Here is a list of things which will be covered in this exciting presentation:
• Strategic Trails initiative and the new hiking trails in our parks. Find out what parks are complete, under construction and the timeline for other parks.
• Learn about the Pink Trail expansion and relocation at Germantown MetroPark and the new parking lot & gate which will allow for better after hours hiking.
• Learn about what is new with MOMBA, our mountain biking course.
• Hear about efforts in Dayton to become a more bicycle friendly town.
• Get an update on the newly completed Mad River whitewater drop for kayaks and canoes.
• Get the latest news on the plans for the water park on the Great Miami River in downtown Dayton. Find out about the low dam removal, construction schedules and proposed opening dates.
8:00 pm-9:00pm - Go Shopping. Get A 20% Discount! All Dayton Hikers members will receive a special 20% discount on their purchases at True Heights this evening. Stock up on outdoor gear. To get the 20% discount show a Dayton Hikers card to the cashier. If you don’t have a card you can get one the evening of the Get Together in the meeting room. This discount is not available to the public.
There is a suggested donation of $1 per person for this Get Together. Your donation will help offset the cost of the food and beverages provided and cost of running the Dayton Hikers group. The donation is just a suggestion and is not required.
I hope to see you there!
Any Questions? Have an idea for a future get together? Contact Andy Niekamp.