840 Willow Rd Ste M, Northbrook, IL
In a culture that doesn’t honor grief, here’s a chance to discuss the impact after a death.
Death Cafe - Now in Northbrook!
Monday April 28, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM CDT
Whole Foods, Northbrook, IL
At Death Cafes people come together in a relaxed, safe setting to discuss death, drink tea and eat yummy cake. We think this is a great way to spend some time and we're keen to support people to do it. Learn more at the international website.
Consider how to make the most of the time you have. Experience what thousands across the world have, all skillfully facilitated by experts. Find other dates and locations.
Death Café offers you the opportunity to explore topics like:
• What do you consider a “good” death?
• What’s on your “before I die” list?
• How do you open a discussion about final wishes with your family?
• Whose death affected you the most and why?
• How do you convince others to respect your grief?
• Does faith help or complicate your attitude towards death?
• What would you like your legacy to be?
• Can you plan a fun funeral?
“I loved hearing everyone's views and ideas about death - I heard a lot of things I never considered before."
"Really gets you thinking, which I think is really the point. Thank you!”
“Loved this! Sometimes I think it's easier to talk about this topic with complete strangers, which I think can help open the door to talk about it with family and friends.”
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.