Route: Please refer to the attached map (Red line is hill, Blue line is flat)
Terrain: The first half is hilly (around 1000m climb in total)
Road surface: Paved ROAD (not bike path), some narrow village road (only 2-3 feet wide at certain part)
Highlights: We will visit Tai O, Big Buddha, Airport & Disney Land (Of course we are not going into the theme park)
Duration: About 10 hours (Including all the sight seeing, lunch and rest stop)
Transport: We will catch a ferry to Mui Wo from Central and finish our ride at Sunny Bay MTR station in Lantau.
1) You must be really fit, its not an easy ride. But you also dont have to be Pro-rider or Navy Seal, study the map and decide if this ride is for you.
2) You must be able to confidenly handle steep decent, narrow road and tight corner.
1) Must have good brakes or the chance of serious crash is 10000%.
2) Good low gears will make your day easier.
3) Twin bottle cage will be a good idea.
1) Truck, Bus, Cow shit, steep/narrow/slippy road,,,,
2) At certain part of the trail, you are 2-3 hours away from any major hospital.
1) I will carry a small First Aid Kit and also a small Tool Kit
2) There will be many chances to buy food and drink on the way
First Rule: You must bring your own bike (We are not ending out trip at the starting point, so you wont be able to rent and return your bike)
Second Rule: Helmet is a must, unless your skull is harder than tarmac.
Third Rule: Come on time with a full belly, we will catch the 0830 ferry. The next ferry which allows bike will be at 1030 hours, so if you missed the ferry, you missed the ride.
Feel free to contact me if you need more information