The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Trimming the fat....

Trimming the fat....

Closed to new replies

ZGundam
CPatella
Aurora, CO
Post #: 111
After a long discussion between myself and our new Asst Organizer, Keely Sisson, we will be deleting any members that have not signed on or have not come to a meetup for six months or longer.

If you do not wish to be taken off, or plan to participate in the near future, please notify me or Kelly before the end of the month. Those from out of state are exempt from deletion.

This decision did not come lightly. Any and all opinions are welcome.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 91
If we're planning on coming to some soon, is that okay?
A former member
Post #: 656
I used to do this every few months for those who hadn't been around for 1 year, but then gave up on it- I think I removed nearly 200 people over the duration. Inactive members can still benefit from the email notifications that get sent out when events get made, though that does mean they're going independently from the group if it's a local, open-to-the-public thing.

I also want to make sure you're OK with deleting half the group, some of whom we know but that haven't been around (but not out of state) because that's basically the count as you've set the bar. I hope you can change things, but no matter what I did it seemed that we couldn't add to a core of regulars (people that would still visit the website, even if they couldn't make it to events) that never really went higher than 40 or so.
ZGundam
CPatella
Aurora, CO
Post #: 112
Sabrina,

Yes that is fine since you have told us. I will keep you on the list.

And I will get in touch ywith you about the dinner thing as soon as I move.
Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 2
I truly do not want to delete half the group and I would like to have a connection to everyone in the group. I think this group is a great place to interact with other anime fans and that is why we would like to open it up (even if we have to delete some) to others who truly want to be a part of the group.
A former member
Post #: 1
I truly do not want to delete half the group and I would like to have a connection to everyone in the group. I think this group is a great place to interact with other anime fans and that is why we would like to open it up (even if we have to delete some) to others who truly want to be a part of the group.

Well I don't post alot of stuff on forums, but I will try to speak my thoughts occasionally. For instance, I just finished watching Shuffle..... hmmmm not that great maybe you all might have a different opinion on that one.
A former member
Post #: 10
Well, keep Robert and I on here for the time being. Even though we are out of state we'd still like to come to the meetups on occasion if we're in Co.
Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 3
Well I don't post alot of stuff on forums, but I will try to speak my thoughts occasionally. For instance, I just finished watching Shuffle..... hmmmm not that great maybe you all might have a different opinion on that one.

In truth I am not much of a forum person either. What constitutes staying as active is either coming on once in a while to keep in touch or attending any of the meetups. So speak your mind, thats what I love in a person!

About Shuffle, I actually have not seen the series but have been curious about it. Currently I have watched Strain which I was not all that impressed with.

Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 4
Well, keep Robert and I on here for the time being. Even though we are out of state we'd still like to come to the meetups on occasion if we're in Co.

Not a problem hun, I know you and Robert will be around when you can!
A former member
Post #: 4
Really? Then why did you just kick me out? F... Now my join date says today.
*pissed off*