The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Trimming the fat....

Trimming the fat....

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 11
Well, keep Robert and I on here for the time being. Even though we are out of state we'd still like to come to the meetups on occasion if we're in Co.

Not a problem hun, I know you and Robert will be around when you can!

So why the hell was Robert removed from the group? He just called me to let me know he was removed.
To let you know I am extremely ticked off by this is an understatement.
He even had a title of "oh, THAT GUY!" Which is now gone, as is his meetup history.

Now that he was forced to rejoin his date says today as opposed to when he joined three months after me back in 2008.,
And seeing as the group hurts for regulars may I remind you he and I have both been only until recently due to his JOB.
A former member
Post #: 5
Well­, keep Robert and I on here for the time being. Even though we are out of state we'd still like to come to the meetups on occasion if we're in Co.

Not a problem hun, I know you and Robert will be around when you can!

So why the hell was Robert removed from the group? He just called me to let me know he was removed.
To let you know I am extremely ticked off by this is an understatement.

Sweetie, calm down, apparently if you miss 3 meetups (even though the first post says 6) because you are on a temporary work assignment, you are removed from the group without someone even sending you a PM first or posting in a way that notifies the group or giving more than 5 days for the rest of the group to see it , even if you have your significant other online saying that you want to stay.... it doesn't matter that you told them expressly that you planned on coming back when your assignment was over, or that you've basically never missed a meetup in almost 3 years prior to that, or that your wife was just at the most recent meetup... heck i guess it doesn't even matter that NDK is 2 weeks away, and statistically that's when interest peaks in the group.
Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 6
Really? Then why did you just kick me out? F... Now my join date says today.
*pissed off*

Seriously, I did. I am so sorry about that, I double checked everyone before doing so and did not see you on the list.
Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 7
Robert and Dejah, anyone who was removed from the group has not been on for well over 6 months. It is not my intention to remove any loyal members or cause a rift. As I mentioned before I reviewed the list prior to doing any removals and I honestly did not see you (Robert) on the list. Personally a mistake can happen and I don't understand why this is so upsetting. In truth, I am working to continue what Brad has established with the meetups and to encourage more people to come as well. The reasoning for the removal of members not interacting was to keep those that can or truly want to attend.
A former member
Post #: 12
Robert and Dejah, anyone who was removed from the group has not been on for well over 6 months. It is not my intention to remove any loyal members or cause a rift. As I mentioned before I reviewed the list prior to doing any removals and I honestly did not see you (Robert) on the list. Personally a mistake can happen and I don't understand why this is so upsetting. In truth, I am working to continue what Brad has established with the meetups and to encourage more people to come as well. The reasoning for the removal of members not interacting was to keep those that can or truly want to attend.

It's upsetting because now his "join date" for the group says he joined today, when he's been a member far longer than that, it erased his group profile introduction, and his group title, not everyone has titles you know, most of the regulars do, hence why he had one in the first place. It's upsetting because when Brad ran the group this kind of crap didn't happen. It's upsetting because you posted a so called "warning" asking people to say something if they didn't want to be removed, yet obviously didn't even give a damn because you had already started removing people. I have a right to be pissed about this. So does he. we've been here longer than you, this group is important and special to us (after all, it's how we MET) and I consider the group almost like family to me. So maybe you should look at the names of those you are deleting verses their last log in, or wait until you've been in the group long enough to know who the people are before you start going delete happy and making "mistakes". Oh, and the last meetup Robert went to was back in April, when we introduced our baby and had our "going away" party. there was even cake involved. I don't believe April was 6 months ago. And you saying "i don't see why this is so upsetting"?? How would you feel if you logged on and found yourself deleted from the group? I can bet you'd be insulted too.

yeah he and I will get over it, but point in case today we are both pissed off and hurt, and I for one would have appreciated a genuine apology instead of a half assed one full of poor excuses.

ZGundam
CPatella
Aurora, CO
Post #: 113
Dejah and Robert.

Please accept my most heartfelt apology. It was never my intention to have anyone deleted that should not be. I posted a note and sent to all that this would not happen till the end of the month, but it happened sooner.

Also, I had planned to have Kelly and myself go over each listed member to make sure the 'regulars' did not get taken off. I assure you it will not happen again. Also I gave Robert a new title of 'Official Member since 2008'.

If you need to blame anyone, blame me for not staying on top of this.
A former member
Post #: 657
I have sent a message to Meetup HQ asking if it's possible to restore the group to the way it was 2 days ago. They must have backups to guard against catastrophe, but I have no idea how often they're made or how simple it is to do selective restores- that's probably up Al or John's alley.

If the reset is possible, going forward I suggest that this notice be put out via mailing list so everybody is made aware of what's going to happen- the message board just doesn't get enough traffic to be used as the go-to place for an announcement this important, and I deeply regret not thinking of that in time for my first post.

I've already divested myself of my position so I don't have the power to lock the thread, so all I can do is ask people to not post as a favor to me until we know whether or not this action can be negated.
Kelly S.
Cruellica
Aurora, CO
Post #: 8
I am sorry that his profile was erased and am not trying to give excuses, just an explanation of my reasons for doing so.

Going forward I will accept that it has been done and will move on as well.