addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Funimation rescues Geneon titles (was: Deathwatch for Geneon?)

Funimation rescues Geneon titles (was: Deathwatch for Geneon?)

A former member
Post #: 49
That would be this announcement:
http://www.animenewsn...­

I'm not following any of their current titles but had kinda wanted to get around to (DVD quality) Karin, and now think I shoulda gotten Gate Keepers and Ikkitousen during their sale.
Actually-if you go Rightstuf's bargain bin you can get all of the Gate Keepers dvds for 5 bucks a shot (including GK 21)-GO FOR IT!!
A former member
Post #: 442
Actually-if you go Rightstuf's bargain bin you can get all of the Gate Keepers dvds for 5 bucks a shot (including GK 21)-GO FOR IT!!

I checked TRSI's site not long after the announcement, and don't remember those disks being that cheap. Now... another $60 on Popotan and Ikkitousen? Try to get TenTen a bit cheaper still, since I've already seen it and feel it's not worth its current price? Tenchi Universe box for $45? Decisions....
A former member
Post #: 443
Though Zac's got a bit of a salty and/or sarcastic streak to him, Hey Answerman's summed it up pretty well so far. Too bad that he can't tell all he knows any more than the other industry people can..
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 74
Whoa! I ordered Hellsing OVA collector vol 3, right stuff says it's pre-order only, but I just got shipping confirmation on it. o.O
A former member
Post #: 52

I checked TRSI's site not long after the announcement, and don't remember those disks being that cheap. Now... another $60 on Popotan and Ikkitousen? Try to get TenTen a bit cheaper still, since I've already seen it and feel it's not worth its current price? Tenchi Universe box for $45? Decisions....
Recheck it-I just got my Gate Keepers set in the mail yesterday.
A former member
Post #: 528
Spending the mana for necromancy:

http://www.animenewsn...­

I'll let you read it, but they're distributing most of the big-name newer titles that people were looking forward to, and probably going to announce more at the upcoming convention.
A former member
Post #: 529
Yow. They acquired 30 of ADV's more recent titles. Apparently these were the ones that belonged to ARM and were owned by Sojitz, and ADV didn't have much say in the matter.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 122
Yow. They acquired 30 of ADV's more recent titles. Apparently these were the ones that belonged to ARM and were owned by Sojitz, and ADV didn't have much say in the matter.

Well it seems ADV doesn't have much to say in the matter. I wonder if ADV is just going to make cuts, and step back a few steps and try to ride the slump out without having to post any losses. Funimation on the other hand is making moves of a company that has large studio level backing. Very interesting what the future of american distribution holds.