The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Summer movie outings

Summer movie outings

Steve
Trollz
Denver, CO
Post #: 80
I am game for Hulk. I can try to arrange getting the discount CostCo tickets for it if people want, but if the number is large enough, I would have to get the money in advance of the movie. That would limit us to Regal/United Artists theaters, but it would drop the price to $7.50. (That includes IMAX if we attend one of those again at some point.)

Well, if we do a matinee those probably won't be necessary since that price is $7.75.

What I'm waiting for is movie times for something other than The Happening to show up at the Colorado theater for the Friday of the Meetup. If The Hulk shows up there at a time close to our Meetup end, then I'd angle for that one.

According to Fandango (I believe it's Regal's movie site) ... Denver Pavillions will have Hulk on at (12, 3), 5:40, 8:30, 11:10. Continental has Hulk at (12:45, 4), 7:15, 10:20. (Matinee times) in parenthesis. Supposedly Continental is showing Hulk on their giant screen, plus it is just down the way from Oshima's Ramen house. Either theater has a nice selection of restaurants nearby. Unfortunately other than Hulk or "The Happening" ... no other titles that will be showing the weekend of the 13-15th are available online.

It looks like for now Hulk is not going to the Colorado/Imax theater.
A former member
Post #: 514
Colorado UA finally put out showtimes for this Friday, no Hulk. Slightly interested in Kung-Fu Panda, not interested in anything else. (Already seen Iron Man, so will wait for it to show up at the dollar theater to see it again)
A former member
Post #: 527
Dark Knight coming up, 7/18, though I have no desire to brave the crowds on opening day. There's no doubt it's worth more than matinee price in choosing an event time, but I'm also open to weekend matinee.
A former member
Post #: 107
Hellboy II comes out this Friday. I know it's short notice, but maybe if people wanted an informal group could go after the meet. Or something. I know I'll be seeing it at least once this weekend with my brother regardless.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 425
Hellboy II comes out this Friday. I know it's short notice, but maybe if people wanted an informal group could go after the meet. Or something. I know I'll be seeing it at least once this weekend with my brother regardless.

Ooooh... I'd love to see some Hellboy II.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 28
I might be up for it. It kind of depends on how I'm feeling that night, but I'm interested anyway.
A former member
Post #: 532
I'm out of state from tomorrow (Thur) through next Tuesday.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 343
I was planning to go to Hellboy II myself.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 428
Apparently, the Colorado Center theater isn't going to be showing Hellboy II. So, the Regal (I-25 & Hampden) or the Pavillions (!6th street mall) sound like the best choices from there...
A former member
Post #: 39
Colorado Center always seems to be rather odd in their selection of opening movies.

I'd have to vote for the Regal, parking downtown is way too expensive.