The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Shoujo fest

Shoujo fest

Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 42
So...who's up for a day/night/large block of time of shoujo anime? I know there's a distinct lack of it at the other viewings, and while I love the majority of the other stuff shown there, sometimes it's nice to pop in the stuff that makes testosterone flee the room, too ^_^. For now I'm thinking it might just be a one-time thing, but we could make it regular if there's enough interest...my apartment's big and soundproofed, so it's totally great for things like this!

I'm not limiting this to just girls, either. Anyone who wants to watch a big block of shoujo is welcome to come! I might even see about having a tea party during it, as well (one of those nice bonuses of working at an Asian tea shop...I get excellent tea and serving stuff for mega-cheap!). So how about it? Any interest?
Trang
Trang
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I'm in! Shoujo anime makes my husband hide behind his PC so it'll be nice to watch some with people who actually like it too!
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 447
I enjoy some shoujo - I quite liked the first part of Marmelade Boy, and I like His & Her and Utena as well.
A former member
Post #: 10
id be ok with it... but no tutu! =P
ZGundam
CPatella
Aurora, CO
Post #: 86
I'm game, but I agree on the no tutu part :P
A former member
Post #: 547
I should add the obligatory "KIWF". biggrin
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 43
Awww, how cute! You guys say that like I won't take that as a chance to subject you to something even worse! *Clucks her tongue* Clearly, your tolerance for shoujo needs to be built up more if you can't even deal with one and a quarter of an episode before things got all dark and death-tinged...I think this means we have to overwhelm you with the girliest stuff I can find, just to build up your tolerance faster. Let's see, there is the pure yaoi fanservice that is Junjou Romantica, there is the pure yaoi fanservice plus technopop and french pastries that is Antique Bakery, there's the series with the cute angels and demons in training fawning over a ten-year-old, the one that doesn't have subtitltes but doesn't need it because it's nothing but a parade of pretty effete boys talking to each other amidsts the gardens, there's the one with the acrobats that makes Princess Tutu look downright butch...ooo, or the one that ruins giant mech anime AND lesbians for pretty much every boy that watches it...so, so many choices... ^_^.
A former member
Post #: 4
LoL. thats awesome. i'm totally interested in a meetup like this. and i havent seen Princess Tutu yet either, but i would like to, especially if its guy squirmy girly stuff. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 548
there's the series with the cute angels and demons in training fawning over a ten-year-old,

Risky Safety? I got that in TRSI's Bargain Bin a while back and will be giving it away someday at a dinner raffle. Still haven't forced myself to actually watch it yet.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 44
Nope...Pita-Ten. Which may very well be THE girliest series I have ever seen. Wait, no, the second girliest...Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar is worse.