align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Shoujo fest

Shoujo fest

Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 45
Okay, so, now that I've scared everyone away...what would be a good time for us to have this? I tragically work or have class pretty much every day of the week (and by pretty much, I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY EW), but what about a Saturday afternoon/evening when there isn't another viewing happening, or Sunday afternoons? Maybe? Possibly? Y/Y/PLZ?
A former member
Post #: 11
I'll watch anything, just pease no water fowl.....
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 46
That...doesn't answer the question...

(Anything? See, you've just given me carte blanche to pop in every single explicit yaoi title I own, just so you know.)
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 358
Technically, this viewing is a very focused showing, and people should expect what to see when going. If there is no love of shoujo in your heart (or squeaky girls for that matter), then I would not recommend going. It is Sabrina's call as to what the format is and what is shown, and I applaud her for taking charge and trying to do this. It covers a subset of anime that normally does not get covered in our other viewings due to dissenting opinion. The folks that like this genre of anime deserve to watch what they want with people that also like it.

Sabrina, I really wouldn't pay much attention to the dudes with the dissenting opinions. I do not believe they are your target demographic.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 440
That...doesn't answer the question...

(Anything? See, you've just given me carte blanche to pop in every single explicit yaoi title I own, just so you know.)

Why not set up a poll, with a few titles you want to expose people to, and let possible attendees vote? It's a lot easier to choose #3 from a set of 5 than come up with titles off of the top of your head.
A former member
Post #: 70
I love shoujo-it's my favorite genre next to sci fi harem (think Tenchi Muyo)-it'd depend on when and where it was.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 47
Where I can answer pretty easily...since I have access to all the tea stuff and a nice, big, empty, SOUNDPROOFED apartment (because, um, yeah, soundproofing with squealing people is probably a good idea), I'll probably just have it at my place, which is right next door to where we meet up for the dinner. Literally. No, seriously, you leave the Perkins and turn into the next parking lot. No exaggeration there, it rocks like that. So anyone that can make it to the dinner meets, you can probably get to this one ^_^. When is the big question right now...I'm leaning towards a Sunday just because that's when I have the most time, but I can do Saturdays and Fridays as well so I just need to hear from you guys what would work! I guess maybe I SHOULD set up a poll for that one...
David C.
dwc7162
Denver, CO
Post #: 61
I'd be up for that and Sundays work ok for me most weekends.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 49
Okay, so, right now I'm going to see about scheduling this for Sunday October 12th starting at 3:00pm...sound good for everyone? (I'm just trying to get this on a weekend that doesn't have another viewing going on the immediate day before, so...yeah...*cough*)

If you're planning on coming, please bring some sort of snack food to share with everyone; in exchange, I'll provide the tea and a few tea snacks as well! And be forewarned that the tiny fluffy birdies may be out running around on the floor for a bit before I stick them in the bathroom so we can hear the TV, so watch your step!
Trang
Trang
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
Dibs on bringing choco-chip cookies. :)