The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Monthly Meetup dinner locations

Monthly Meetup dinner locations

A former member
Post #: 625
Bumping this topic to go along with the newly-created poll on how far you'd be willing to drive to the Meetup dinners. Know a place in Littleton, Lakewood, or Aurora? Start listing them.

I wouldn't mind adding the C.B. & Potts chain to the list, depending on their Friday crowds, because they've got private rooms and aren't too pricey.
A former member
Post #: 1
I revised my vote on the poll to reflect how far I'm willing to travel out of my way. I live in Central City nothing is likely to be close to home.
One thing that might be handy is one of those maps where you stick a pin whwer you live. That way we may find some convinient locations for more people?
A former member
Post #: 626
One thing that might be handy is one of those maps where you stick a pin whwer you live. That way we may find some convinient locations for more people?

There's actually a link to a Google Maps file in the Files Section. IIRC it's open for anyone to edit. I was going to mention it at tonight's dinner, for those regulars who mainly visit the site just to RSVP for events.
A former member
Post #: 43
What about BJ's Brewhouse in Aurora? I know they have a semiprivate room that can accommodate up to 100 (no info on the details of reserving this, though), they have AMAZING beer and cider, great food, and their pizookies -- seriously, one of the best reasons for going there -- donate proceeds to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

I <3 this place.
A former member
Post #: 627
Wow, that's pretty east-y, and most of the members I have locations for are west and south. I won't dismiss it out of hand though.
A former member
Post #: 630
JB's update: The food's definitely good, with large portions (I made the mistake of getting a bowl of chili as well as an entree, and regret not stopping before it was all gone), but:

• You need about 70 people to get full use of the semi-private room; otherwise we just get a handful of tables alongside the rest of the patrons. (Probably not that much of an issue)
  • Our group is still large enough to require their special event menu, consisting of various combinations of pizza, pasta, salad, and appetizer buffets- which will run $15-$20 per person. This isn't a problem for everybody, but I don't want to shut out those who can't see their way to fork that over.
  • I would be financially liable for any overestimation of the attendance, and they need more concrete RSVP lead time than what we usually get on the site.

mary peterson
user 10024909
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I'm with Sabrina! Two times in a row, after eating at Gunther Toody's, I developed flu like symptoms lasting several days! At the time I thought it was a "CURSED" booth, as I sat in the same booth both visits... but after reading Sabrina's post, well, that's two people! This is sad for me because, years ago, I was a regular, daily, coffee customer of that restaurant. More recently, I've been hesitant to visit them due to my bad experiences. "CURSED" booth, "BAD LUCK", coincidence... you decide. In the future, however, I wont be ordering any food should we meet there!
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 146
If you guys ever pick a place in littleton/lakewood, I'll come every time! Just try to stay away from ghetto food. Red Robin or BW3s is good stuffs.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 507
If you guys ever pick a place in littleton/lakewood, I'll come every time! Just try to stay away from ghetto food. Red Robin or BW3s is good stuffs.

That caused me to think of something - the Colorado Mills mall has a pretty huge food court area where we could meet up and talk and eat darn near anything that comes to mind. But, it's a good deal west.

Any decent food-court like places that are more central in the city?
A former member
Post #: 631
Wow, that is west. Still, that looks to be within the distance most people who have voted in that particular poll are willing to do..

I know that Cherry Creek Mall is about 2 miles due west of the Gunther Toody's we have eaten at, but I honestly don't remember what it has as far as a dedicated Food Court. I've only been there once or twice, and seem to remember small numbers of tables at fairly well-dispersed restaurants.