The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › meet up and a movie at AMC highlands ranch?

meet up and a movie at AMC highlands ranch?

A former member
Post #: 2
I know its a little far for some people but I was thinking, how about a meet up the Red Robins by AMC in Highlands Ranch? Plenty of room for us, and maybe we can see... the Live dragon ball movie? (Please do not kill me! I know a lot of us geeks want to kill that movie but I want to see it at least once) It comes out in two weeks. So what does everyone say?
A former member
Post #: 579
We've had Meetup events for most of the anime or anime-based movies that have hit the big screen here (GiTS 2, Steam Boy, Howl's Moving Castle, Speed Racer, etc), and some for movies that enough of us were planning to see, but we usually hold them at theaters that are more centrally-located. AMC-HR might be out of the running for a full-group venue unless it's the only theater showing the movie (or nobody from farther away wants to see it). I was vaguely aware there was such a movie in the works but didn't know its release date was so close.
A former member
Post #: 3
grrr. Okay. if it is to far I still would like to do a meet up around it. and I only know it is so close because of where I work. I know it is the root of all (non cool) evil. but for some reason I feel lik eI should see it still.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 131
I'm going to go see it, but most likely with my non anime friends.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 136
ok, I take that back, I saw a ton of actual scenes from the movie. I think I threw up in my mouth a little. I was hoping at least for a good kung fu movie, but this isn't even that, it's kinda like a giant dancing dry heave with antlers. Maybe we will get lucky, and someone else will do it right a few years later like Hulk lol. *sigh* I'm going to go have nightmares now.