addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Monthly Meeting Location Inquiry

Monthly Meeting Location Inquiry

A former member
Post #: 8
Will I-Hop be the place for anime meetings from now on? Can't say I'm a big fan of the food or environment for a meeting with a group our size. More often than not, the seating arrangement in places like I-hop (or even Perkins) creates "click" seating. Most of us have joined this group to make new friends and the seating arrangement at Woody's provided a very easy environment to partake in multiple conversations with every table in the room.

Please reconsider moving the meetings back to Woody's. I heard that last time some people were upset by the waitress asking for people's credit cards to hold a tab open. Keep in mind that you do not have to give her your card or you have the old fashion option of bringing cash.

Also- Remember that our waitress at Woody's is FREAKING AWESOME not to mention seriously cute.

<3
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 70
Dunno what to say about the rest of this stuff, but this particular IHOP is identical in layout to when it was the Village Inn, so there's this big whole atrium area with movable tables which always worked really well in the past for having everyone be able to talk to each other easily...
A former member
Post #: 1
John and I both feel the same as Trang. We thought Woody's was a wonderful and comfortable environment. We are not I-hop type people (forgive the expression). We also like to wind down after a long work week and have a couple of beers as well. We understand that usually the meets took place at IHOP or Village Inn but for our first meet at Woody's we did not feel pressure and liked the idea of just coming and sitting at a large table without seat assignments (loves trang). However since we are meeting this group for only the second time we shall defer to your judgment and at least give it a try. Let's face it me and John are drunkin otaku's lol.
A former member
Post #: 596
Dunno what to say about the rest of this stuff, but this particular IHOP is identical in layout to when it was the Village Inn, so there's this big whole atrium area with movable tables which always worked really well in the past for having everyone be able to talk to each other easily...

I admit I like Woody's size and layout better. At IHOP/VI we did tend to have one large table and one circular table, and due to the relatively small size of the alcove the people against the wall had to squeeze to get in and out, and there wasn't all that much moving around anyway.

Main thing that bothered me about Woody's, beyond the credit card thing, was the fact that the 'large group' menu has far fewer options than what you get if you go in and get a booth/table. The first issue can be fixed with cash, the second can't.
A former member
Post #: 10
About Woodys. It took our waitress ten minutes or so to bring me my plate for the buffet.

And about old fashion option of bringing cash.

With drink I owed a round 11 and some change. Paied with a twenty.I got back seven bucks even. When I told her she said something about rounding for change and it was right.
A former member
Post #: 2
Are we looking for somewhere on Hampden? I like the old chicago's there and also that on the border is cool? Dunno trying to give suggestions I know that we are definitely meeting at IHOP this round but just giving some other places.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 72
Actually, we're looking for places near the Lollicup on Colorado. But I suggested Woody's because most of the places near Lollicup were either too small, too expensive, or people had issues with them. *Shrug* I personally don't think Old C's would work because it's so loud, but I've never been to On The Border!
A former member
Post #: 598
This­ is the previous thread on the subject. I'd prefer to have only one main place to go, or two at most, because the Meetup script makes the next monthly event at the same place and we have to send out a correction when this isn't the case.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 141
I liked the space at woody's but the food is HORRIBLE. I'm fine with IHOP, or on the border.
A former member
Post #: 607
Resurrecting this briefly.

Again the September Meetup date is the same as NDK, so I'll be rescheduling it to the following week after the script generates the usual date. I'm (again) hoping for a few new members that respond to the advertising at the con, and will probably not hold it at IHOP

My first choice, for better or worse, is back to Woody's for the space, but I'll try to check out some of the other suggestions in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'm also considering a 2-on, 1-off setup for IHOP and an alternate or series of alternates. That way I don't completely alienate those who can't stand IHOP.