The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Help wanted with an anime problem :)

Help wanted with an anime problem :)

A former member
Post #: 1
There are over a 100 anime in circulation in the United States, and if possible I would like some suggestions to help me cut that amount down for my master thesis project. I need some help finding a stand alone episode that would explain either one or all of the following topics: nonverbal communication, emotion, and deception.

There are no restrictions expect please no Hentai.
Misty
user 10744421
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
I'm going to have to recommend Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal - the first movie/prequel to Rurouni Kenshin. It is a very subtle work - and a lot of the communication that moves the plot is actually non-verbal (in particular, I love the part where Tomoe leaves her dagger in her desk . . . if you haven't seen it - you'll understand instantly when you do!). Samurai X deals with a lot of very philosophical questions - including how you can be a "good" person and still commit mass murder. As an assassin, Kenshin lives in the middle of a world of conflicting emotions - ambition, fear, hatred, forgiveness, love, and revenge, just to name a few. And as an assassin, most of his world is built on deception and lies, within which, he is trying to walk the narrow path that will allow him to keep his honor. All in all, I think it might be worth checking out to see if it fits your needs. And I would love to hear what you think of it! Hope that helps!
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 145
A bit late, but Welcome to NHK, or Genshiken would be my primary suggestions.
A former member
Post #: 72
If you want one that deals with interaction between between different races try Crest Of The Stars.