The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Tapes upon tapes!

Tapes upon tapes!

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey all,

I'm starting my spring cleaning a little early, which includes doing something I should have done ages ago: getting rid of old anime VHS tapes.

Most of them are Dragonball Z tapes from the age before DVDs, as well as some other anime. At first I thought about bringing to the raffle, but upon reflection I decided that was too hit-or-miss.

I don't know of any stores that are taking VHS tapes anymore. I'd appreciate any suggestions, otherwise I guess these tapes go to recycling.
A former member
Post #: 621
Dunno about the DBZ tapes since there's no lack of those DVD sets, but how about a list of the other VHS tapes? If you've got something interesting in there that hasn't made it to DVD I might want to snag it (so I can pipe it through the DVR and make a digital copy of it).
A former member
Post #: 4
Not a whole lot of hard-to find stuff. I think most of it has come out on DVD.

Let's see:

Neon Genesis Evangelion: complete series
Martian Successor Nadesco: complete series
Tenchi Muyo! Complete series
Tenchi in Tokyo: complete series
Tenchi Universe: A scattering of volumes (episodes 5-10, 14-16, and 23-26)
Tenchi the Movie
Tenchi the Movie 2, Daughter of Darkness
Tenchi Forever
Gundam the Movies 1-3
Macross 2
Macross Plus
Robotech II, the Sentinels
Akira
Borgman, Lover's Rain
Borgman the Last Battle
Iczelion
Dangaioh
Ninja Scroll
Ninja Resurrection
Fatal Fury movies 1-3
Patlabor Volume 3
Patlabor the movie 2
Rayearth (second version) volumes 2 and 3
Ranma 1/2 movies "Nihao My Concubine" and "Big Troble in Nekotron, China"
Night Warriors volumes 3 and 4
Ninja Scroll (dubbed and subbed)
Ninja Resurrection: complete series
Transformers volumes 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Transformers the Movie
Transformers Rebirth the movie
Bubblegum Crisis: complete series
Bubblegum Crisis Total Crash
AD Police Files
Bubblegum Crisis, Tokyo 2040: Complete series
Sin
Rebirth of Mothera

Most of these are dubbed volumes. Let me know if there's any you want and I can drop them off. Fortunately, I found a recycling center that accepts VHS tapes, so I can offload the excess.
mary p.
user 10024909
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Should you not find a home for your tapes within the group-I believe Black and Read (in Arvada) and Independent Records (in Denver) will buy vhs tapes! However, they only give .25$ a tape!
A former member
Post #: 6
Should you not find a home for your tapes within the group-I believe Black and Read (in Arvada) and Independent Records (in Denver) will buy vhs tapes! However, they only give .25$ a tape!

Money's not really an object. After all, the space I'll gain is worth far more.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been to Black and Read. Though I love a store overflowing with books, I'm not sure I want to interact with the staff. A very unpleasant bunch.
ZGundam
CPatella
Aurora, CO
Post #: 109
Yuo could try bringing the tapes a few at a time or as much as you can to the next dinner. People have taken them before so maybe it would work.