align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Offbeat question

Offbeat question

A former member
Post #: 35
Hi,

What is the age range of our members? I am wondering if I will be the oldest one at our meetings. I'm in my mid-thirties. If everyone is in their teens, I might have to get permission from your parents to attend.biggrin

Dave
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 35
damn near 27 here (will happening mid-November).

plus meetup has a rule now about anyone under 18 is not allowed to use meetup. personally, i don't blame them. too much liability there.

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
http://www.zarabadoo....­
A former member
Post #: 2
It ain't none of your business how old I or anybody else is.
A former member
Post #: 36

Ouch! I said age range, teens, twenties, thirties. You don't have to give specifics.

DB
A former member
Post #: 2
I coulda sworn that he asked a simple, easy to answer question. You either could have answered it or not answered it, but that was unbelievably rude.
angry
Anyways, I'm 19 ..... but go figure... I've lived in CO two weeks now and still have not met anybody outside of the internet and the people i work with ....le sigh.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 36
Golden is a pretty nice part of town. i lived there a while myself. only problem is that it is sort of isolated beings there isn't a whole lot out there. of course, the mills mall was put in there since i lived there. there may be a bit more flow out there now.

school of mines student i take it?
A former member
Post #: 21
Mid-thirties here as well. I figured you'd be a peer or an elder based on what I read in your profile about how long you'd been an anime fan. (I've been an official fan only about a decade now, and was introduced to it by a friend in grad school.)
A former member
Post #: 3

I wish .. but no, I had a little bit of trouble after high school with my real dad, so i didn't have the money and or much time. So i moved out here pretty much to start over. New friends, though i stil talk to some of my old ones and looking for jobs so i can save up money. Then maybe in a year or two I'll be at the school of mines.
biggrin
A former member
Post #: 39

I wish .. but no, I had a little bit of trouble after high school with my real dad, so i didn't have the money and or much time. So i moved out here pretty much to start over. New friends, though i stil talk to some of my old ones and looking for jobs so i can save up money. Then maybe in a year or two I'll be at the school of mines.
biggrin

Mines used to have an awesome anime club. I don't know if it's still in existance. I haven't seen an email in two years. You don't have to be a student to go to it. Just pay their dues (like 10 bucks a year) and you can check out anime. Again, that's how it used to be.

DB
A former member
Post #: 5
Me? I'm in my late twenties. biggrin