The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Your Anime Story

Your Anime Story

A former member
Post #: 43
Okay, I'm bored. I've been sick and up most of the night so I feel like having a little fun.

Who here has a concept for an anime?

Come on! You all have seen a super popular anime like Exell Saga or Evangelion and thought, "You know? I could write a better anime than that. Heck, my five year old little brother can write a better anime than that!"

(This will not turn into a flame war about Menchi or Asuka, please)

So, I thought, why not post my anime idea and hear about others.

The Rules:

No more than a 150 words synopsis. Just want see the idea, not the script for Legend of The Galactic Heroes.

Make it coherent. Don't want to read about your dream last night. Should show the beginnings of a story arc. Anything like Darkside Blues is not considered a story, just a drug induced hallucination.

Hey, Bradster! Let's make this even more fun by making it a contest. I think I might have a couple Anime CDS or LDS left over from when I was an anime distributor. Let's pick the top five and run a poll. Winner gets their choice Lodoss Wars CD volume 2 or Ghost in the Shell LD.

Everybody game? I'll make a cutoff of October 27th midnight is when you need to post it by.

Have fun everyone!biggrin

Dave
A former member
Post #: 23
Hey, Bradster! Let's make this even more fun by making it a contest. I think I might have a couple Anime CDS or LDS left over from when I was an anime distributor. Let's pick the top five and run a poll. Winner gets their choice Lodoss Wars CD volume 2 or Ghost in the Shell LD.

I have nothing against it, but I'll admit up front that I have little to no creative impulse, and have honestly never thought about an idea for 'my own' anime.
A former member
Post #: 44

I have nothing against it, but I'll admit up front that I have little to no creative impulse, and have honestly never thought about an idea for 'my own' anime.
Not even sequel idea or "this is how they should finish it" idea for a series without an ending?
A former member
Post #: 6

The Rules:

No more than a 150 words synopsis. Just want see the idea, not the script for Legend of The Galactic Heroes.

Make it coherent. Don't want to read about your dream last night. Should show the beginnings of a story arc. Anything like Darkside Blues is not considered a story, just a drug induced hallucination.

What?! Only 150 words? wink

How many can people submit ideas for? biggrin
A former member
Post #: 45

The Rules:

What?! Only 150 words? wink

How many can people submit ideas for? biggrin

Idunno. How many you have? I'd say no more than five. 150 words is one minute of speech. That's all producers in Hollywood give you. Better make it tight.

I'll be giving my example over the weekend

DB
A former member
Post #: 48
In the country of Chalkaria, magic still exists. Only those of royal blood can use it. When the good King Shale is overthrown by evil Count Moche on his wedding day, the bride, Princess Dawn, agrees to marry the Count to spare Shale's life.

Dawn and Moche have a son, but the child is stolen by a man and taken to America where he is raised, unknowing of his powers. Moche has the queen imprisoned and instead takes up with Shadoe, Dawn's sister.

Fast Forward:

Fourteen-year-old Rex goes to see the tour of Spear, princess of Chalkaria against the wishes of his "Uncle." She is able to sense Rex's blood and has him captured. Just when Rex thinks things can't get weirder, Spear casts a spell and yanks a soul sword, the power of the king, out of his body. He escapes with the sword.

Now the hunt is on.
A former member
Post #: 64
What? Nobody going to try?
A former member
Post #: 17

Sorry! I've been busybusy!!

I'll try and actually write one up later.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 13

Sorry - been busy. This sounds like fun - I'll try to whip up one.
A former member
Post #: 6
I used to be something of a writer but now I'm pretty much brain dead. Sounds like fun though.sad